Our mission and values
We carry out our mission by helping people achieve:
- a balance between economic, environmental and social objectives underpinned by good governance
- meaningful involvement from all stakeholders including governments, communities, NGOs and companies
- implementation of sustainable management in practice
- global and local supply chains that source from sustainable production.
In order to implement our mission effectively, we will be guided by the following aims and values:
Delivering the mission
The projects and programmes which Proforest undertakes should contribute to the delivery of the mission.
Quality of work
Proforest aims to deliver effective and consistently high quality outputs by:
- recruiting and employing competent and experienced people who are genuinely committed to our mission.
- developing long-term relationships with partners who share our aims and values.
- only undertaking work which we have the capacity, resources and expertise to carry out to a high standard.
- implementing internal systems which deliver best management practices and continual improvement in performance.
Proforest is not profit-driven but aims to generate sufficient income to cover costs. Any profits will be used as additional income to deliver the mission.
Proforest aims to be an environmentally responsible organisation through implementation and regular review of its environmental policy.
Proforest aims to be an ethical and socially responsible organisation through implementation and regular review of its ethical policy.
Proforest aims to provide a stimulating and supportive working environment for its employees including:
- Supporting a healthy work-life balance
- Supporting continued professional development in line with Proforest’s mission
- Implementing a strong health and safety policy
- Valuing diversity and actively avoiding discrimination
- Ensuring equal treatment for part-time workers
- Maintaining effective and open communication within the organisation.