Assistant project manager sought for our responsible sourcing team
This is an exciting opportunity to join Proforest’s growing team and contribute to the delivery of projects within Proforest’s consultancy services in responsible sourcing, working with major international brands and consumer goods clients.
The Assistant Project Manager is a learning role which supports other team members on a variety of projects. Training and support will be provided by more senior team members. This a fixed term position for 12 months after which Proforest may offer a role as Project Manager to individuals who perform well during the fixed term period.
Support Proforest team members on a range of tasks related to the management and delivery of responsible sourcing projects. This might include supporting on research, technical work, proposal and report development, budgeting, reporting, etc.
Maintain a clear understanding of relevant developments around Proforest's work.
Contribute to the broader functioning of the team.
Qualifications, experience and skills
- Masters (or equivalent) qualification in a relevant discipline
- A proven interest in environmental and social sustainability issues affecting forest products and agricultural commodities sectors
- Awareness of the motivations and drivers relating to responsible sourcing and production in international agricultural and forest product supply chains
- Highly developed organisational and interpersonal skills as well as the ability to operate in a multi-cultural environment
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills, including presentation skills.
- Experience in consultation and working with various stakeholders including large companies, small and medium enterprises, NGOs, financing institutions, government aid agencies, smallholders and local communities;
- Working knowledge of another language (especially Spanish, French, Portuguese or Bahasa).
Range from £20,000
Please send your CV, a cover letter explaining your suitability for the position and confirmation that you are eligible to work in the UK to firstname.lastname@example.org or by post to:
Oxford OX1 3HZ
Application deadline: 16th October 2016
Proforest is an equal opportunity employer.