We're looking for a communications assistant
This is an exciting opportunity for someone looking to build a career in communications within the environmental sector. Based in Oxford, this role is part of a small communications team which provides critical support to technical colleagues in Oxford and our regional offices in Malaysia, Ghana and Brazil.
The right candidate will be someone with a passion for communications, good digital skills, a flair for design and an organised and flexible approach. If you’re as comfortable writing dynamic social media copy as you are formatting presentations and reports, then this role could be for you.
The communications assistant will provide support to the communications team across all its activities. This will include:
- Helping to maintain the Proforest website.
- Supporting Proforest social media channels in the key Proforest languages: English, Spanish, French, Portuguese and Bahasa Indonesia.
- Supporting external communication including updates to publicise Proforest work.
- Supporting coordination of freelance designers and translators.
- Conducting picture research for a wide range of materials, including marketing brochures, training materials, technical documents, websites and social media.
- Assisting with formatting reports and presentations using InDesign, Word and PowerPoint.
- Preparing materials for events.
Experience, competencies and qualities
- Degree level or equivalent qualification in a relevant discipline.
- Strong Photoshop and Microsoft Office skills.
- Good editorial skills. Preferably able to write well in more than one Proforest language.
- Good eye for design.
- Good digital skills and awareness of html.
- Enthusiasm and creativity, with a passion for good communications.
- Close attention to detail and an eye for quality.
- Good time management skills, ability to meet tight deadlines and work under pressure.
One-year fixed term contract.
Location, hours, salary
Location: the position is based in Oxford, UK.
Salary: £21-24,000 depending on experience
Send your CV along with a cover letter (one page) that describes how you meet the requirements for this position along with confirmation that you are already eligible to work in the UK to firstname.lastname@example.org
The deadline for applications is Friday 2 September 2016.