We do this by:
Implementing responsible production and sourcing practices
We provide high-quality technical support to clients across the palm oil supply chain, from production to retail. For example, we:
- help primary producers and processors to put management practices into place that meet the requirements of the Roundtable on Sustainable Palm Oil (RSPO) and other sustainability initiatives.
- support private companies and organisations to develop their internal policies, guidelines and standards for responsible palm oil production and sourcing.
- work with clients across the supply chain to support their attempts to source palm oil from responsible producers.
We work with partners to build capacity for implementing environmental and social standards in the palm oil sector. We work with producers and processors, as well as government officials and NGOs, by:
- raising awareness through events like the RSPO Africa Roadshow and Sustainable Palm Oil Week in Brazil.
- providing training courses on implementation and auditing of RSPO standards, as well as HCV, in Southeast Asia, Latin America, Africa and Europe that have been endorsed by RSPO. Visit our training page for more information.
- running support programmes for palm oil producers and processors to help them move towards certification under the RSPO scheme and other relevant standards.
Supporting multistakeholder initiatives
We work with many partner organisations to support multistakeholder initiatives that facilitate the responsible production and sourcing of palm oil. For example we:
- provide technical support to initiatives like the Tropical Forest Alliance 2020, to develop mechanisms to reduce tropical deforestation associated with the production of agricultural commodities.
- have supported RSPO over many years to develop its systems and standards.
- work with local partners in Honduras, Guatemala, Ghana and other countries to facilitate the development of national interpretations of the generic RSPO Principles and Criteria.