Investors can have a significant impact on the social and environmental performance of the companies that they finance. Organisations seeking investment to support their transition to more responsible production practices may be considered risky by investors.
Investors need the right policies and tools for screening potential clients and managing existing ones, while organisations seeking investment need tools to help them demonstrate their commitment and progress.
What do we do?
We work with private sector and multilateral investors to develop environmental and social policies and safeguards for investment.
We can help you to:
- develop your investment policy and identify what environmental and social safeguards it will deliver in practice
- develop and review your criteria for social and environmental screening, and assess how they match the requirements of voluntary certification schemes
- evaluate your current investment portfolio and carry out an environmental and social risk assessment of new investments
- develop and implement an action plan to bring your investment portfolio in line with your policy
- devise training and capacity building programmes to ensure your staff and partners understand and implement your policy commitments
- help your clients meet your requirements for environmental and social responsibility.