Proforest recruiting a financial manager
The current phase of rapid growth combined with the need to manage a registered charity has resulted in an increasingly complex financial system which includes both commercial and grant-based income from many countries around the world.
The successful candidate should have a background in accountancy (preferably including experience with SAGE) and a strong understanding of financial management and be keen to learn and adapt to the range of different situations within ProForest. The role will include supporting the senior management team with financial planning and monitoring, managing the overall financial system and undertaking day-to-day activities such as invoicing, pay role and tax working closely with the current full-time Financial Administrator.
ProForest works around the world with projects in more than 40 countries, and the ProForest team includes more than 14 nationalities. Financial management will require working knowledgeably and effectively with a range of cultures and financial systems. In addition, the new charitable division will require building a good knowledge of the particular requirements of financial management and reporting for the charity sector.
ProForest is an independent organisation based in Oxford but working globally and specialising in sustainable management of natural resources such as forests and agriculture. The organisation is widely respected as an international leader in this field and is growing rapidly in response to increasing demand for its services.
In particular the Financial Manager will be responsible for:
- Overall management of the financial management system.
- Leading on the improvement and implementation of the core financial systems, particularly further developing project management systems and SAGE software reporting, expenses management, invoicing processes and a budgeting and forecasting system.
- Ensuring that critical management reports conform with the financial control framework for both the commercial and the charitable division.
- Developing and implementing systems for managing large grants from sources such as the EU, UK government and philanthropic foundations.
- Identifying and implementing key financial controls, in partnership with the external auditor where appropriate, and ensuring that effective monitoring procedures are in place
A background in accountancy is essential, and a relevant qualification preferable. Good spoken and written English are necessary as well as a proven ability to work independently and under pressure and to learn quickly. The successful candidate should also have a real enthusiasm to be part of a growing international organisation and to take a lead in providing the financial support and management needed.
Salary range: 25 -32k pa depending on experience.
The role can be full or part time depending on experience.
Please send CV and short covering letter by 5 February 2010 to info@ProForest.net