Proforest summer training programme 2009
Now in it's eighth year, the summer training programme has established an impressive reputation as a leader in the field. This year we offered more course options than ever before, each course dealing with current issues, designed to bring together key players from around the world.
The summer training programme 2009 was attended by 52 participants from 17 countries in 6 continents. The participants came from 38 different organisations, including governments, NGOs and private companies.
The week offered 8 different couses, including courses on forest certification and governance, responsible sourcing and production of agricultural commodities, High Conservation Values, social requirements within certification and climate change. Participants could select their own training package, choosing from the courses that were most relevant to their work. All courses consisted of a mix of presentations and workshops and drew on the up-to-date practical experience of ProForest staff, whose expertise was complemented by presentations of various experts. In addition to the courses there was a panel discussion on the question whether voluntary sustainability certification approaches in natural resource management are delivering their objectives.
Next year’s course is scheduled for the week of 19-23 July 2010. More information will be available on our website from the beginning of next year. If you have any questions about our summer training programme, or about other opportunities for ProForest training, please contact Andry:or call +44 1865 243439.
What participants said:
- "Well designed, thoughtful. Really enjoyed the workshops. Good learning experience, even for people who are already familiar with certification."
- "All presentations very clear, coherent programme, clearly a wealth of expertise in the room."
- "Brilliant on many levels. Very useful for my work."
- “I enjoyed hearing from all of the other participants and their experiences around the world.”
- "Really well done, well organised, well timed, lots of opportunities for networking, great scope, well informed presenters. ProForest staff very helpful. Would thoroughly recommend to others."