RSPO lead auditor training course announced
The 5-day Lead Auditors training course is designed for RSPO auditors or internal company auditors globally. It includes lectures, workshops, a practical audit exercise and a written examination.
Endorsed by the RSPO, the course provides lead auditors with an in-depth knowledge of the RSPO Principles & Criteria and their implementation. It focuses on application of the RSPO Certification Systems and audit practice requirements to ensure consistent and appropriate audit decision making.
The course trainers are themselves qualified Lead Auditors or contents experts from Proforest and Wild Asia with extensive RSPO experience. The course will bring together their collective experiences in the planning and implementation of the RSPO
The course will run for 5-days and consists of:
- 3-days classroom tutorials,
- 1-day practical audit exercise (practical exam component) in an oil palm estate, and
- 1-day written exam.
The course will be conducted in English. All participants are expected to have some basic knowledge of the RSPO P&C. A compulsory questionnaire will be provided and must be completed before the course.
First endorsed by RSPO in March 2008, the course provided insights to implementation complexities via real case studies. Key topics covered included an overview of the RSPO P&C and supply chains, as well as the core environmental and community requirements of the standard, as outlined below:-
- Overview and introduction to RSPO requirements and certification systems,
- Supply chain systems and chain of custody,
- Overview of the environmental issues in plantations,
- HCVF & Biodiversity in existing plantations and new developments,
- Overview of the social issues within RSPO P&C,
- Free, Prior, and Informed Consent (FPIC), and
- Labour standards and plantations.
Download the full course outline here.
Further information & how to register
- Date: 23-27th April 2012
- Venue: Hotel Melia, Kuala Lumpur, Malaysia. (Location map here.)
- Cost: Normal rate is RM4,187 per person. Register and pay before 17 February, 2012 and enjoy the early bird rate of RM3,980.30 per person.
This is a popular course and places will be confirmed only upon payment. Seats are limited to 30 participants, so register now to avoid disappointment.