RSPO Lead Auditor training course in Indonesia
The 5-day course is designed for auditors wishing to carry out auditing for the Roundtable for Sustainable Palm Oil (RSPO) producer standard, for company staff in charge of meeting RSPO requirements, and any interested stakeholders (e.g. NGOs, government officials) wanting to learn about RSPO standards and systems. The course includes lectures, workshops, a practical audit exercise and a written examination. Endorsed by the RSPO, the course provides lead auditors and other participants with an in-depth knowledge of the RSPO Principles and Criteria and their implementation. It focuses on application of the RSPO Certification Systems and audit practice requirements to ensure consistent and appropriate audit decision making.
The course trainers are themselves qualified Lead Auditors and experts on specific topic areas (e.g. HCV and FPIC experts) from Proforest and Daemeter with extensive RSPO experience. The course will bring together their collective experiences in the planning and implementation of the RSPO and builds on the wealth of local experience we have working in Southeast Asia.
The course will run for 5 days and consists of:
- 3.5 days classroom tutorials, exercises and workshops
- 1 day practical audit exercise in an oil palm estate, and
- 0.5 day for exam and audit exercise reporting.
The course will be conducted in Bahasa Indonesia. All participants are expected to have some basic knowledge of the RSPO Principles & Criteria (P&C). A questionnaire will be provided and must be completed before the course.
The course provides insights into implementation complexities via real case studies. Key topics covered include an overview of the RSPO P&C and supply chains, as well as the core environmental and community requirements of the standard, including:
- Overview of the environmental issues in plantations
- HCV, biodiversity and greenhouse gas requirements in existing plantations and new developments
- Overview of the social issues within RSPO P&C, Free, Prior, and Informed Consent (FPIC) and labour standards
- Supply chain systems and chain of custody requirements for mills.
- Others such as RSPO – Renewable Energy Directive (RED), Best Management Practices.
- Where: Hotel Jatra, Pekanbaru, Indonesia
- When: 25 to 29 August 2014
- Cost: early bird rate: IDR 14,000,000.00 for registration and payment before 25th July 2014 / Normal rate IDR 15,000,000.00
- Registration: download registration form here (deadline for registration 15 August 2014)
- For more information, contact