RSPO Lead Auditor training course in Malaysia
This is the 9th edition of the Southeast Asia RSPO Lead Auditor training course which we have organised with Wild Asia since 2008.
This 5-day training course is designed for auditors wishing to carry out auditing for the Roundtable for Sustainable Palm Oil (RSPO) producer standard, for company staff in charge of meeting RSPO requirements, and any interested stakeholders (e.g. NGOs, government officials) wanting to learn about RSPO standards and systems. The course includes lectures, workshops, a practical audit exercise and a written examination.
Endorsed by the RSPO, the course provides lead auditors and other participants with an in-depth knowledge of the RSPO Principles and Criteria and their implementation. It focuses on application of the RSPO Certification Systems and audit practice requirements to ensure consistent and appropriate audit decision making.
The course trainers are themselves qualified Lead Auditors and experts on specific topic areas (e.g. HCV experts) from Proforest and Wild Asia with extensive RSPO experience. The course will bring together their collective experience in the planning for and implementation of the RSPO Principles and Criteria.
The course will run for 5 days and consists of:
- 3.5 days classroom tutorials, exercises and workshops
- 1 day practical audit exercise in an oil palm estate, and
- 0.5 day for exam and audit exercise reporting.
The course will be conducted in English. All participants are expected to have some basic knowledge of the RSPO Principles & Criteria (P&C). A questionnaire will be provided and must be completed before the course.
First endorsed by RSPO in March 2008, the course provides insights into implementation complexities via real case studies. Key topics covered include an overview of the RSPO P&C and supply chains, as well as the core environmental and community requirements of the standard, including:
- Overview of the environmental issues in plantations
- HCV and biodiversity in existing plantations and new developments
- Overview of the social issues within RSPO P&C, Free, Prior, and Informed Consent (FPIC) and labour standards
- Supply chain systems and chain of custody requirements for mills.
- Where: Melia Hotel, Kuala Lumpur, Malaysia
- When: 23 to 27 September 2013
- Cost: early bird fee: MYR 4,200 for registration by the 23rd of August 2013 / regular fee MYR 4,400 for registration after 23 August 2013
- Registration: download the registration form here (deadline for registration 13th of September 2013)
- For more information, please download the Lead Auditor training Leaflet or contact the Proforest Southeast Asia office via firstname.lastname@example.org or +60 (0)3 6201 1148.