RSPO Lead Auditor training course in Malaysia
This 5-day training course is designed for auditors wishing to carry out audits against the Roundtable for Sustainable Palm Oil (RSPO) Principles and Criteria, for company staff in charge of meeting RSPO requirements, and any interested stakeholders (e.g. NGOs, government officials) wanting to learn about RSPO standards and systems. The course includes lectures, workshops, a practical audit exercise and a written examination.
Endorsed by the RSPO, the course provides lead auditors and other participants with an in-depth knowledge of the RSPO Principles and Criteria and their implementation. It also covers Group Certification for smallholders and the RSPO Renewable Energy Directive requirements. The course focuses on the application of the RSPO Certification Systems and audit practice requirements to ensure consistent and appropriate audit decision making.
The course trainers are themselves qualified Lead Auditors and experts on specific topic areas (e.g. HCV experts) from Proforest and Wild Asia with extensive RSPO experience. The course will bring together their collective experience in the planning for and implementation of the RSPO Principles and Criteria.
The course will run for 5 days and consists of:
- 3.5 days classroom tutorials, exercises and workshops
- 1 day practical audit exercise in an oil palm estate, and
- 0.5 day for exam and audit exercise reporting.
The course will be conducted in English. All participants are expected to have some basic knowledge of the RSPO Principles & Criteria (P&C). A questionnaire will be provided and must be completed before the course.
The course provides insights into implementation complexities via real case studies. Key topics covered include an overview of the RSPO P&C and supply chains, as well as the core environmental and community requirements of the standard, including:
- Overview of the environmental issues in plantations
- HCV, biodiversity and greenhouse gas requirements in existing plantations and new developments
- Overview of the social issues within RSPO P&C, Free, Prior, and Informed Consent (FPIC) and labour standards
- Supply chain systems and chain of custody requirements for mills.
For a more detailed overview of the course agenda, please download the course outline here.
- Where: Melia Hotel, Kuala Lumpur, Malaysia
- When: 14 to 18 April 2014
- Cost: early bird fee: MYR 4,200 for registration and payment before 28th February 2014 / Normal fee MYR 4,400 for registration after 28th February 2014
- Registration: download the registration form here (deadline for registration 31st March 2014)
- For more information, contact email@example.com or call +603 6201 2150.