SSP RSPO Lead Auditors Training Course
The course, designed for RSPO auditors and internal company auditors globally, was held in Johor Bahru, Malaysia from 12-16 April 2010.
This training course provided an in-depth knowledge of the RSPO Principles & Criteria and their implementation. It also focused on application of the RSPO Certification Systems and audit practice requirements to ensure consistent and appropriate audit decision making. The training course was attended by 25 participants from Malaysia, Thailand, Philippines and Japan coming from corporate and plantation companies, government and 5 certification bodies, two of which are RSPO endorsed. The 5-day course included lectures, workshops, a written examination and a practical audit exercise which was conducted at Ladang Landak in Kekayaan Complex owned by KLK Berard.
Topics that were covered in the course included:
- An overview of the RSPO and the P&C; with focus on relevant National Interpretation
- The RSPO certification process: understanding the key elements
- Implementation of Best Management Practices
- Peat in plantations
- Auditing within the context of RSPO
- Interpreting community and social elements: Free Prior & Informed Consent (FPIC)
- Participatory Methods and Consultation in the RSPO P&C
- Core labour issues within the RSPO
- RSPO Supply chain requirements: Options for certified sustainable palm oil & system requirements.
- Understanding Environmental Considerations within RSPO P&C in Existing Plantings
- Introduction to the High Conservation Values (HCVs)
- HCV assessment process
For more general information and brochures on the Stepwise Support Programme, please see here. For more information on the courses you can also contact our South East Asia Office via <a href=">email@example.com or +60 (0)3 62011148.