Responsible Sourcing training course
The responsible sourcing course aims to provide practical guidance for the development and implementation of responsible sourcing policies.
The course is divided into an online module and a one-day workshop:
- The online module consists of approximately 3.5 hours of self-learning and participants can complete it at their own pace. This module focuses on understanding of the current situation and the development of responsible sourcing policies.
- The workshop focuses on implementation of responsible sourcing policy. Topics include supply chain mapping, risk assessment, verification and monitoring of suppliers and communication policy.
Who is this course for?
The course was designed especially for sustainability managers and procurement managers, but will also be useful for anyone involved in development and implementation of responsible sourcing policies for agricultural and forestry commodities in the public and private sectors; organizations that support and promote responsible agriculture and forestry; and non-governmental organizations who wish to learn more about responsible sourcing.
The course will be taught in Portuguese, but it is necessary that participants have reading skills in English. There will be no formal evaluation, but it is expected that participants present the results of the online module in the workshop.
What will be covered?
The course is designed to be an introduction to Responsible Sourcing and covers the six elements for the development and implementation of a commitment.
The course will present concepts, analyze case studies, introduce tools, discuss experiences and apply knowledge in individual and group activities.
The following issues will be covered:
1. Introduction: what is responsible Sourcing?
- How to implement Responsible Sourcing commitments in practice?
2. Strategic review: how to prioritize supply chains
- How to evaluate the performance level of my supply chain?
- What to consider to identify potential actions?
3. Developing policy: how to develop an effective policy
- What are the common principles and standards?
- Who should participate and how to engage them?
4. Mapping the chain: how to address traceability in my supply chain
- How to prioritize and engage my suppliers?
5. Risk assessment: what risks should I evaluate and how to prioritize them?
- What are the methods and tools to assess risks in the supply chain?
6. Field verification: why go to the field to check my supplier?
- Criteria and indicators: is it best to create one’s own system or adapt an existing one?
- What are the stages of the verification process and how to implement them?
7. Monitoring and reporting: what to monitor in my supplier?
- How to report the progress of my supply chain?
To register, you will need to:
1. Use our online form to register interest in the course before 14 October.
2. Receive an email confirming your registration and payment information.
3. Make payment by PayPal or bank transfer.
Note: Your place will only be reserved once payment has been received. Information about our terms and conditions and our reservation and cancellation policy can be requested by e-mail.
- Discount price: R$ 1750.00 - before 30 September.
- Full price: R$ 1,950.00 - before 14 October.
Date and venue
The online module will be held between October 24 and November 11.
The workshop will be held on November 22, at Cargill's Brazil Office, Av. Dr. Chucri Zaidan, 1240. Morumbi Corporate – Torre Diamond, São Paulo-SP.
Contact | Jane Lino | Jane Lino