RSPO Lead Auditor Training in Indonesia
The 5-day Lead Auditor training course is designed for assessors who want to carry out audits for the Roundtable for Sustainable Palm Oil (RSPO); company staff who want in-depth knowledge of RSPO requirements and how to meet them; and stakeholders, such as NGOs or government officials, who want a rigorous introduction to RSPO standards and systems.
The course includes lectures, workshops, a practical audit exercise and a written examination. Endorsed by the RSPO, the course provides lead auditors and other participants with an in-depth knowledge of the RSPO Principles and Criteria and their implementation. It focuses on application of the RSPO Certification Systems and audit practice requirements to ensure consistent and appropriate audit decision-making.
About the trainers
The course trainers from Proforest and Daemeter are themselves qualified Lead Auditors and experts on specific topic areas (such as High Conservation Values (HCV) and Free, Prior and Informed Consent (FPIC)), and have extensive RSPO experience. The course will bring together their collective experience in the planning and implementation of RSPO and builds on the wealth of local experience we have working in Southeast Asia.
The course will run for 5 days and consists of:
- 3.5 days classroom tutorials, exercises and workshops,
- 1 day practical audit exercise in an oil palm estate
- 0.5 day for exam and audit exercise reporting.
The course will be conducted in Bahasa Indonesia. All participants are expected to have some basic knowledge of the RSPO Principles & Criteria (P&C). A questionnaire will be provided and must be completed before the course.
First endorsed by RSPO in March 2008, the course provides insights into the complexities of implementation using real case studies.
Key topics include an overview of the RSPO P&C and supply chains for CPO mills only, as well as the core environmental and community requirements of the standard:
- Overview of the environmental issues in plantations
- HCV and biodiversity in existing plantations and new developments
- Overview of the social issues within RSPO P&C, Free, Prior, and Informed Consent (FPIC) and labour standards,
- Supply chain systems and chain of custody requirement for CPO mills only
- Others such as RSPO – New Plantings Procedure, Compensation Procedure, Group Certification & Smallholder requirements, Best Management Practices.
- Process auditing and certification.
For more information
Please contact the organisers at the e-mail address below.
Contact | Bapak Yulianto Kurniawan | Bapak Yulianto Kurniawan | +62 251 831 56 25