RSPO Lead Auditor Principles and Criteria: TR32
Five-day course endorsed by the RSPO
The course provides lead auditors and other participants with an in-depth knowledge of the RSPO Principles and Criteria and their implementation. It focuses on application of the RSPO Certification Systems and audit practice requirements to ensure consistent and appropriate audit decision making.
This course also includes an online module which must be completed before participants can attend the face-to-face course.
The course trainers are themselves qualified Lead Auditors and experts on specific topic areas (e.g. HCV and FPIC experts) with extensive RSPO experience. The course will bring together their collective experiences in the planning and implementation of the RSPO.
The course will be conducted in English. It will run for five days and consists of:
- 3.5 days classroom tutorials, exercises and workshops
- One day practical audit exercise in an oil palm estate
- Half a day for exam and audit exercise reporting.
All participants are expected to have some basic knowledge of the RSPO Principles & Criteria (P&C). A questionnaire will be provided and must be completed before the course.
First endorsed by RSPO in March 2008, the course provides insights to implementation complexities via real case studies.
Key topics covered include an overview of the RSPO P&C and supply chains for CPO mills only, as well as the core environmental and community requirements of the standard, as outlined below:
- Overview of the environmental issues in plantations
- HCV and biodiversity in existing plantations and new developments
- Overview of the social issues within RSPO P&C, Free, Prior, and Informed Consent (FPIC) and labour standards
- Supply chain systems and chain of custody requirement for CPO mills only
- Others such as RSPO – Renewable Energy Directive (RED), Best Management Practices
- Process auditing and certification
The fee includes snacks and lunch the day of the course, materials and infrastructure for classes and transportation to field trips, as well as access to Proforest's e-learning platform.
Please note: some subsidised places are available for example for independent local consultants or local organisations. Please indicate when you register if you would like to be considered for a subsidised rate
Please note: registration for this course is now closed.
There are three steps to registering:
- Use our online form to register. At this stage, please indicate whether you are eligible for a subsidised place.
- We will confirm with you that you have registered successfully and also let you know whether you qualify for a subsidised place.
- You then need to pay by PayPal or bank transfer. Payment should be made to The Proforest Initiative in US dollars.
Please note: Your place on the course will only be reserved once full payment has been received.
Closing date for registration is Friday 29 July. Registrations will not be accepted beyond this date.
Raybow International Hotel
Contact | Proforest Training | Proforest Training