InvestorsInvestors can have a significant impact on the social and environmental performance of companies which they finance. However, achieving this requires the right policies and tools for screening potential clients and managing existing ones.
Proforest works with many private sector and multilateral investors to develop environmental and social policies and safeguards for investment. These aim to promote investment in companies that produce or trade responsibly.
We can help you to:
- develop your investment policy and identify which environmental and social safeguards will deliver it in practice
- develop and review your social and environmental screening criteria and benchmark them against voluntary certification schemes
- evaluate your current investment portfolio and carry out an environmental and social risk assessment of new investments
- develop and implement an action plan to bring your investment portfolio completely in line with your policy
- devise training and capacity building to ensure policy commitments are understood and implemented by staff and partners throughout the investment fund
- work with your clients to help them meet your requirements for environmental and social responsibility.