PurchasersPurchasers face a constantly changing and challenging situation when buying legally or sustainably produced products. How do you know where your products really come from? What does it mean to be legally or sustainably produced? What assurances are adequate?
Proforest works with hundreds of buyers in the public and private sectors, ranging from multinational companies spending millions of pounds on procurement systems, to micro-enterprises buying a single product. We help purchasers trace and understand their current supply base, assess their suppliers’ practices, develop their purchasing policy and implement it through action plans, training and capacity building.
Our support can help you:
- understand and trace your supply base
- comply with legislation, including the EU Timber Regulation, EU Renewable Energy Directive and the EU Energy Directive
- gain certification, through schemes that include FSC for timber, RSPO for palm oil, RTRS for soy, and Bonsucro or RTFO for sugarcane
- manage risk, by identifying, understanding and managing your high risk sources
- work with your suppliers at each stage of the supply chain to help them to understand and meet standards and legislation.