Complaints submitted using this form will be sent to Proforest’s Group Operations Director, Le Chen, copied to the co-chairs of Proforest’s Executive Directors Group, Abraham Baffoe and Ruth Nussbaum
This form can be used for the following type of complaints:
- Complaints from clients about work undertaken for them by Proforest or about Proforest personnel engaged in such work.
- Complaints from third parties about work undertaken by Proforest or about Proforest personnel.
- Complaints from third parties relating to Networks or Partnerships coordinated or run by Proforest.
- Complaints from third parties relating to Proforest clients and their use of Proforest work such as misuse of information or misleading claims.
- Complaints from clients or third parties about Proforest partners.
- Complaints from clients or third parties relating to any form of fraud or corruption by Proforest staff or partners.
- If other complaints are received which are not covered by the list above, they will normally be dealt with in the same way.
Complaints should be in English, Portuguese, Bahasa, Spanish or French unless this would effectively prevent the complainant from making the complaint. Complaints in other languages may take longer to respond to than the norms set out below.
An acknowledgement of receipt of the complaint will be sent within 3 working days and the complaint will be internally registered and allocated to the appropriate person for investigation.
A response will normally be provided within 10 working days. If a longer period is needed (for example because key staff are in the field or further information on the nature of the complaint is required) the complainant will be informed of the additional time needed and the reason for the delay.
The response will be sent in writing to the complainant(s) and a copy maintained in the Proforest complaints file.
If the complainant is not satisfied with the response they must send a further written notification within 30 working days setting out why the response is inadequate.
Where complainants are not satisfied with the response the following review procedure will be adopted:
Complaints relating to Proforest Non-profit Programmes: a review will be undertaken by the Proforest group directors, if necessary including a direct discussion with the complainants. If this does not resolve the issue then a review will be undertaken by the relevant Board of Trustees. The findings of the Trustees will be final.
Complaints relating to Proforest Consultancy: a review will be undertaken by the Proforest group directors, if necessary including a direct discussion with the complainants. The findings of the directors will be final.
Complaints relating to Networks and Partnerships managed by Proforest: a review will be undertaken by the Proforest group directors, if necessary including a direct discussion with the complainants. If this does not resolve the issue then a review will be undertaken by the Board or equivalent governance body of the Network or Partnership. The findings will be final.
To submit a complaint please complete the form below. This will be sent to Le Chen, Group Operations Director. The complaint must include the name(s) and contact details of the complainant(s) and set out clearly the nature of the complaint together with any relevant supporting information.