Proforest Annual Training Programme 2013 in Ghana
For the first time the Proforest Annual Training Programme will take place in Ghana. As with all previous editions, the programme provides comprehensive training on the latest sustainability issues in natural resource management and on tools to promote responsible production and purchasing in forestry and agricultural supply chains.
The Annual Training Programme has established an impressive reputation as a leader in the field and has brought together key players from around the world. Over the last 11 years it has been attended by almost 500 participants from over 50 countries. Participants come from a wide range of backgrounds, from companies to governments to NGOs, and from all parts of the supply chain, from resource managers through to processors and retailers. This wide variety of perspectives coupled with our trainers' international reputation of providing practical, in-depth training are the ingredients for the unique mix of knowledge sharing that makes the Annual Training Programme so highly regarded.
The programme includes separate streams focusing on responsible forestry and timber trade (including forestry certification, EUTR requirements, FLEGT and VPAs) and on responsible production and sourcing of agricultural commodities with a focus on three key commodities: palm oil, sugarcane and cocoa. Additional modules will cover the High Conservation Value approach, community engagement, smallholder issues and REDD+.
The programme consists of a number of general modules as well as two separate streams, one with a focus on forestry and another with a focus on agricultural commodities. The programme begins with a joint introductory day on sustainable practices and tools. The programme also includes a separate day on the High Conservation Value (HCV) approach and modules on community engagement based on the principle of Free Prior and Informed Consent (FPIC), smallholder involvement, and climate change and REDD+. The final day will be an optional field excursion.
- Day 1: Sustainable Natural Resource Management
- Days 2 and 3: a choice between either:
- Day 4: The High Conservation Value Approach
- Day 5: Climate Change and REDD+, Smallholders and Community Engagement
- Day 6: Optional Field Excursion
More information and registration
- Dates: 25 to 29 November 2013 (with an optional field trip on 30 November)
- Location: Accra, Ghana
- The course fee is USD 2,275/GBP 1,400, or reduced rate for not-for-profit organisations (see below) which includes coffee, lunch and training materials. (Accommodation and evening meals are not included)
- There are still several places available at a reduced rate for not-for-profit organisations from developing countries that would not be able to attend the programme otherwise. Please contact us to discuss options if you believe your organisation may qualify for a reduced rate.
- For more information about the programme or to request a registration form, please contact us via email@example.com or call +44 (0) 1865 243439.