Responsible sourcing and production briefings: a retrospect
As more and more organisations make public their commitments to responsible sourcing, practical guidance on how to implement them is needed. Proforest’s Responsible sourcing and production briefing series aims to provide just that – in concise, clear and practical terms.
Launched over two years ago, the briefings provide up-to-date information on fast-evolving issues in responsible sourcing of forest and agricultural commodities, including palm oil, pulp and paper, sugar, soy and rubber. Topics so far have included smallholder and supplier engagement, legality, the HCS Approach, geospatial risk assessment and landscape or jurisdictional initiatives.
The most recent briefing, titled ‘Agricultural Commodity Responsible Sourcing (ACRES): taking action within and beyond supply chains’ sets out our latest approach to effectively delivering on company commitments - developed in collaboration with the companies and partners we work with. This approach reflects all we have learnt together with them as well as our own thinking – developed over 20 years of experience working across thousands of different supply chains, with hundreds of companies and dozens of multi-stakeholder initiatives.
Other titles in this series so far include:
- BN01: Delivering responsible sourcing in practice: an integrated approach
- BN02: Introduction to landscape or jurisdictional initiatives in commodity agriculture
- BN03: Implementing responsible sourcing – using landscape or jurisdictional initiatives
- BN04: Building on legality
- BN05: Smallholder engagement
- BN06: Geospatial risk assessment and ‘no deforestation’ commitments
- BN07: The High Carbon Stock Approach: an update
- BN08: Responsible sourcing in practice: supplier engagement
- BN09: Socio-environmental monitoring of the cattle sector in Brazil
- BN10: Delivering company commitments to zero deforestation commodity supply chains
- BN11: Practical assessment and monitoring of forest biodiversity
- BN12: Accelerating implementation of responsible sourcing commitments: A Framework for Progress to 2020 and Beyond
- BN13: Agricultural Commodity Responsible Sourcing (ACRES): taking action within and beyond supply chains
To find out more about this briefing and other titles in this series, visit our Responsible sourcing and production briefing series publication page.
If you would like to receive updates about our future briefings and other publications, please subscribe here.
Category: Supporting companies