The Africa Palm Oil Initiative’s (APOI) vision is a prosperous palm oil industry which brings jobs and wealth to local communities in a way that is environmentally and socially sustainable and protects the rich tropical forests of the region. It is coordinated by Proforest on behalf of the Tropical Forest Alliance 2020.
Read more APOI-related publications here.
This is part of a series of seven briefing notes documenting the progress of the initiative from its inception in 2014 onwards. Download the others in the series below.
- APOI briefing 2: TFA 2020 Action Plan on Oil Palm Development in Africa [ENG] | [FRE]
- APOI briefing 3: TFA 2020 Action Plan on Oil Palm Development in Africa [ENG] | [FRE]
- APOI briefing 4: Progress towards responsible palm oil production in West and Central Africa [ENG] | [FRE]
- APOI briefing 5: Driving forward deforestation-free palm oil production in Africa [ENG] | FRE]
- APOI briefing 6: Accelerating action on deforestation commitments in Africa [ENG] | [FRE]
- APOI briefing 7: From Principles to Practice: Implementing Deforestation Commitments in Africa [ENG] | [FRE]