This guidance outlines the extent to which Ghana’s existing legal framework addresses requirements of the Ghana National Interpretation (NI) of the Forest Stewardship Council (FSC) standard. Its primary audience are producers of wood products in Ghana. These include private sector entities and smallholders who engage in the harvesting of timber and other woody forest products, as well as those involved in further processing such as producers of lumber, ply wood, veneer and furniture.
This document forms part of a series of guidance documents developed under the Africa Legality Programme that explain how legislation in selected countries in West Africa can be used by producer companies to support compliance with specific sustainability standards and buyers’ sustainability commitments. Proforest's Africa Legality Programme was supported by the UK Department for International Development's Forest Governance, Markets and Climate Programme.
Download the other documents from the Africa Legality Programme series below.
- Legality guidance for International Actors [ENG] | [FRE]
- Africa Legality Programme technical report [ENG] | [FRE]
- Côte d'Ivoire legality guidance: HCV and HCS [ENG] | [FRE]
- Ghana legality guidance: HCV and HCS [ENG]
- Ghana legality guidance: RSPO, RSPO Next [ENG]
- Ghana Customary Law Review & Institutional Mapping Report [ENG]
- Liberia legality guidance: HCV and HCS [ENG]
- Liberia legality guidance: RSPO, RSPO Next [ENG]