RSPO & RSPO Next in Liberia: Guidance for Producers
This document is a summary of the outcomes the RSPO Legal Benchmarking in Liberia undertaken under the Africa Legality Programme. It seeks to help private sector companies in the agriculture commodity sector to understand the extent to which the laws in Liberia deliver on the RSPO Standard.
It also includes recommendations on how RSPO and RSPO Next may be strengthened to collectively work towards a sustainable of deforestation-free supply chain.
This document forms part of a series of guidance documents developed under the Africa Legality Programme that explain how legislation in selected countries in West Africa can be used by producer companies to support compliance with specific sustainability standards and buyers’ sustainability commitments. Proforest's Africa Legality Programme was supported by the UK Department for International Development's Forest Governance, Markets and Climate Programme.
- Legality guidance for International Actors [ENG] | [FRE]
- Africa Legality Programme technical report [ENG] | [FRE]
- Côte d'Ivoire legality guidance: HCV and HCS [ENG] | [FRE]
- Ghana legality guidance: HCV and HCS [ENG]
- Ghana legality guidance: RSPO, RSPO Next [ENG]
- Ghana Customary Law Review & Institutional Mapping Report [ENG]
- Ghana legality guidance: FSC [ENG]
- Liberia legality guidance: HCV and HCS [ENG]