Responsible Sourcing Senior Professional
- Position: Responsible Sourcing Senior Professional
- Location: Oxford, UK and Leiden, The Netherlands
Are you passionate about agricultural and forestry sourcing that delivers positive outcomes for people, nature, and climate? Want to work in a mission-driven organisation that takes on challenges at global scale? We are looking for people to join our Responsible Sourcing Team and support major food and consumer goods companies in setting their environmental and social sourcing commitments and turning them into practical on-the-ground implementation.
What will you do?
Our Responsible Sourcing team is a global group of experts on environmental and human rights issues in agricultural and forestry supply chain. We work with companies such as Nestlé, PepsiCo, Mars, Unilever, and Cargill on their commodity supply chains including palm oil, sugar, soy, coconut, beef, and cocoa.
As a Responsible Sourcing Senior Professional, you will work on multiple projects with our clients to deliver meaningful environmental and social positive outcomes in their supply chain and production base. For each project, you will manage a global team of experts and be working on a wide range of topics such as traceability and supply chain mapping, environmental and human rights risks assessments, development of responsible sourcing policies and action plan, suppliers performance and engagement, deforestation and conservation free supply chain, and human rights due diligence. While working on these projects, you will extend your expertise and strategic skills, researching the current legislative context, stakeholder pressures and best practices, and gaining insights into our work with major industry collaboration groups. Critically, our multi-year engagements with clients will allow you to build strong relationships within these organisations and influence long term change.
What is your profile?
You are self-motivated, have passion for what we do and are excited about helping deliver our mission. You have:
· A masters’ level qualification (or above) in social and/or environmental issues in agricultural supply chains such as deforestation, regenerative agriculture, climate change, smallholders livelihoods, or respect for human rights.
· 3-5 years of professional experience in a similar consultancy or private sector role working in, or closely with, large corporate buyers and international agricultural commodity supply chains.
· A track record in project delivery in agricultural and/or forestry supply chains, managing small teams to achieve specific goals
· You have experience in leading interactions with clients, and delivered reports and presentations to a range of different audiences.
· Experience of operating in a multi-cultural environment with experience outside of your home country.
· Advanced proficiency in written and spoken English. Knowledge of Spanish, French, Portuguese, Bahasa, or Mandarin - is a plus.
Why should you work for us?
· We trust our people and offer flexibility, including hybrid and part-time working.
· We invest heavily in our team’s professional development, with annual global knowledge exchange weeks, visits to producer countries for commodity learning journeys, and budget for staff to attend conferences and gain formal certifications
· We allocate every team member time on internal knowledge projects, to allow them to keep up with current thinking in their field
· We assign every team member to a senior technical expert for mentoring and career guidance.
· We are a truly global organisation with offices and staff in more than 17 countries, speaking more than 40 languages; and offer 3–6-month staff secondments to other locations
· Our European offices are based in the centre of Oxford, UK and Leiden, The Netherlands; they are easily reached via public transport and are cycle friendly.
· At our heart is a friendly and supportive work environment, made up of people determined to make a difference in sustainable agricultural production
· Salary: £34-40,000 (EUR 38-45,000) depending on experience
· Benefits: Pension scheme, income protection, and life insurance are provided.
You must have the unrestricted right to work in the EU or UK
Next steps:· Please send your CV and cover letter to email@example.com by 1st April 2023.
Proforest is a mission-driven organisation that works throughout agricultural supply chains supporting the production and sourcing of agricultural and forest commodities that deliver positive environmental and social outcomes for People, Nature, and Climate. These cover issues like protecting and restoring forests and natural ecosystems, respecting worker’s rights, advancing gender equality, and engaging with communities and indigenous people. Through our consultancy services, we help companies put their sustainability commitments into action both within and beyond supply chains. We also facilitate pre-competitive collaboration with peer companies and other stakeholders like governments, civil society and communities, and we support multi-stakeholder initiatives and landscape approaches that build common goals, address systemic issues and deliver positive outcomes at scale.