- Position: Finance Executive
- Type: Permanent full-time
- Salary: Commensurate with skills and experience
- Location: Malaysia
- Contact: firstname.lastname@example.org
- Benefits: Equal Opportunities Employer
Proforest is seeking an enthusiastic team member to support a small but dynamic operations team with its financial activities.
Proforest is a dynamic not-for-profit organization with global presence that has established itself as a leader in the development and implementation of sustainable production and sourcing of natural resources including a range of agricultural commodities.
We work through a combination of programmes and consultancy services to provide the most appropriate and up-to-date support to our partners and clients. Through our consultancy services we provide technical support for companies and other organisations implement their commitments to responsible production and sourcing in practice. We work at all stages of the supply chain from production to manufacturing and retail. Our programmes enable us to share our expertise with people and in places that otherwise would not be able to implement more responsible production and sourcing. We support many multi-stakeholder initiatives, building capacity and helping develop mechanisms to push forward the practical implementation of sustainability in agriculture and forestry. We develop tools, guidance and practices that can be adopted by producers, supply chain organisations, governments and civil society.
This position is an exciting opportunity to take on a role within the Proforest Malaysia team to support the team in all its operational activities across the Southeast Asia Region. This is a permanent full-time position, and the role of the Finance Executive is to support and work closely with the Office Manager and Finance Manager to maintain good financial management and accounting practices in line with Proforest’ s global requirements to ensure that the Proforest SEA regional office has a productive working environment.
Be responsible for the day-to-day transaction processing of the Sales, Purchase and Nominal Ledger and the Project module of SAGE 50 Accounting to ensure the completeness and accuracy of the accounting records, including the following:
- Ensuring accurate and timely customer invoicing and processing supplier invoices
- Entering Customer receipts and Supplier payments and performance of the Bank reconciliations for review
- Ensuring that SST codes are correctly input and workings for the returns are generated
- Monthly Balance Sheet Items Reconciliation. e.g., Debtor and Creditor Accounts, and assisting with a variety of accounting reconciliations as required, including /prepayments, accruals, petty cash, and staff accounts
- Processing of staff claims on timely manner
- Managing petty cash management and cash advance to staff
- Maintaining filing and archiving system
- Ensuring that proper accounting and system practices are followed
- Assist in local auditing, tax, legal and statutory compliance function
- Assisting the finance team with any other ad-hoc finance duties as required
The Proforest Malaysia Finance Manager and the Proforest UK Finance team will provide support to resolve discrepancies and issues.
Essential Qualifications, Experience, Skills:
- Accounting degree and actively pursuing professional qualification
- At least 2-3 years experience in finance, accounting and/or reporting
- Intermediate level of skills in MS Excel, Word, and Power Point
- Able to demonstrate initiative, flexibility, and excellent attention to details
- Good planning, organisational, time-management and problem-solving skills
- Good written and verbal communication skills in English and Bahasa Malaysia
- Motivated team player with good interpersonal skills and strong desire to support the team in meeting organisational objective
- Advanced level of skills in MS Excel, Word, and Power Point presentation
- Good verbal communication skills in Mandarin
- Experience in management accounting (reporting and analysis)
- Strong capabilities in process management, improvement, and measurement
Send your CV, a cover letter, and your salary history to email@example.com
Application Deadline: 30 September 2022
Shortlisted candidates will be contacted by 17 October 2022