Southeast Asia Regional Operations Director
- Position: Southeast Asia Regional Operations Director
- Type: Permanent
- Salary: Commensurate with skills and experience
- Location: Kuala Lumpur, Malaysia
- Contact: firstname.lastname@example.org
- Benefits: Proforest is an equal opportunity employer
Proforest is seeking an experienced Regional Operations Director to lead on overall organisational management and coordination of its Southeast Asia Region. Proforest is a growing organisation so the role requires a dynamic and adaptive individual that can manage organisational change and development.
Proforest is a mission-driven organisation that works throughout agricultural supply chains supporting the production and sourcing of agricultural and forest commodities that deliver positive environmental and social outcomes for People, Nature and Climate. These cover issues like protecting and restoring forests and natural ecosystems, respecting worker’s rights, advancing gender equality, and engaging with communities and indigenous people. Through our consultancy services, we help companies put their sustainability commitments into action both within and beyond supply chains. We also facilitate pre-competitive collaboration with peer companies and other stakeholders like governments, civil society and communities, and we support multi-stakeholder initiatives and landscape approaches that build common goals, address systemic issues and deliver positive outcomes at scale.
This position is an exciting opportunity to take responsibility for overall organisational management and coordination within a dynamic and fast growing organisation. Based in Kuala Lumpur, Malaysia, the post will oversee the finance, human resource, technical operations, office administration and IT functions of the region. The Regional Operations Director will report to the Regional Director, play a key role in the Proforest SEA Senior Management Team and directly line manage the Human Resources Manager and Finance Manager of the regional office. The role will also provide operational and financial oversight and support to the associated office in Indonesia.
- Develop and implement an organisational development roadmap for the region, and maintain the appropriate organisational structure, resourcing and skills as the organisation grows
- Lead continuous improvement of internal policies, systems and processes for high performance delivery and organisational health
- Design and implement appropriate people management systems to ensure effective recruitment, learning, performance, well-being and retention
- Liaise with the Proforest Malaysia Board of Directors and coordinate board meetings and reporting including compliance and risk management
- Oversee the daily operations including office and IT functions
- Prepare for and participate actively in senior team meetings and co-ordinate regional staff meetings
- Liaise closely with other Proforest offices and particularly the UK office
- Maintain proactive and effective communication with relevant institutions and organisations
- Contribute to the development of the wider strategic plans, initiatives and activities as appropriate
- Provide operational oversight and support to the associated office in Indonesia
- Co-ordinate with global functions heads to ensure alignment with group policies and standards
- Oversee financial budgeting, planning, reporting and controls
- Ensure compliance with Group Finance procedures and accurate and timely financial reporting to the Group Finance department
- Produce regular management reports (including financial and non-financial indicators) which communicates and analyses performance for strategic review by the Senior Management Team, the global Executive Directors Group and the Proforest Malaysia Board of Directors.
- Work with the Finance Manager to ensure compliance with the relevant local tax and other statutory obligations
- Manage the Finance and Operations team, ensuring financial frameworks, procedures and processes are in place and evolve to operate effectively and efficiently
- Lead the adaptation, development and improvement of project and programme management tools, processes and templates in line with Proforest Group standards
- Build capacity of the technical team on project and programme management and use of the internal systems
- Provide expertise and support to the technical team on project/programme budgeting, contract structuring and review
Essential Qualifications, Experience, Skills
The following skills and experience are essential to be successful in this role:
A demonstrable experience and credible track record in organisational management within a consultancy environment, preferably within the sustainability sector
- An agile and innovative working style, able to translate business requirements and processes into operational systems
- Motivated and well-organised, with a strong ability to manage change and find new ways to solve problems
- Strong finance and administrative acumen across multiple entities and evidence of owning and delivering against objectives
- Strong leadership and interpersonal skills, a recognised team player and leader, able to inspire a team
- Exceptional planning and analytical skills with high attention to quality and detail
- 8 years of experience relevant to the position
- Basic university degree in management, finance or related profession
- Strong interpersonal skills and ability to work in multidisciplinary and multicultural teams
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills in English and Bahasa Malaysia, and proficiency in other regional languages such as Bahasa Indonesia and Mandarin is an advantage
- Proficient in Microsoft Office365 suite of programs with an advanced level of expertise in MS Excel, Powerpoint and Word, and familiarity with project/business management solutions such as Smartsheet, MS Power BI etc.
- A sound understanding of the statutory requirements and regulatory framework for business operations in Malaysia
- Excellent communication, organisation and time management skills
Commensurate with skills and experience but within the range of MYR12,000-18,000 per month, depending on qualification and professional experience.
Send your CV, a cover letter, and your salary history to email@example.com
Application Deadline: 30 September 2022
Shortlisted candidates will be contacted by 14 October 2022
Proforest is an equal opportunity employer.