Project Manager - Responsible Sourcing
- Position: Project Manager - Responsible Sourcing
- Type: Permanent, full-time
- Salary: £30-35,000 depending on experience
- Location: Oxford, UK or Leiden, Netherlands
Who are we?
Proforest is a mission-driven organisation that works throughout agricultural supply chains supporting the production and sourcing of agricultural and forest commodities that deliver positive environmental and social outcomes for People, Nature and Climate. These cover issues like protecting and restoring forests and natural ecosystems, respecting worker’s rights, advancing gender equality, and engaging with communities and indigenous people. Through our consultancy services, we help companies put their sustainability commitments into action both within and beyond supply chains. We also facilitate pre-competitive collaboration with peer companies and other stakeholders like governments, civil society and communities, and we support multi-stakeholder initiatives and landscape approaches that build common goals, address systemic issues and deliver positive outcomes at scale.
Proforest is looking for passionate full time Project Manager of Responsible Sourcing with expertise in consultancy and agro-commodities to join our European team and support companies in implementing their responsible sourcing commitments. If you are passionate about taking on challenges at a global scale, and want to have a positive impact, we would like to hear from you.
What will you do?
The Project Manager role sits in the Responsible Sourcing Team a team of expert technical consultants who support the implementation of our clients’ responsible sourcing and production commitments. We work with companies including Nestlé, PepsiCo, Mars, Unilever, Cargill on commodity supply chains including palm oil, sugar, soy, coconut, beef and cocoa. Our client projects aim to deliver positive outcomes for People, Nature and Climate by using and adapting Proforest’s ACRES approach.
As a Project Manager, you will:
Take responsibility for the management of consulting projects for a number of Proforest clients, supported by the Strategic Lead and a team of social and environmental experts
- Manage the day-to-day implementation and delivery of major client projects with the aim to drive and deliver meaningful environmental and social positive outcomes in client’s supply chain and production base;
- Be responsible for budget, planning and project administration, as well as monitoring of deliverables in line with project requirements;
- Coordinate and support the project team working across multiple functions geographies to deliver projects effectively; Provide technical support on environmental and social topics.
- Participate to the delivery of different workstreams to meet client needs using Proforest tools, methodologies and best practices; Maintain a clear understanding of the current legislative context, stakeholder pressures and best-practices relating to the sustainable management and sourcing of agricultural and forestry commodities, including industry collaboration groups (e.g., CGF PFC, POCG, SCF…)
- Build and manage strong peers’ relationships within client’s business to influence long term change;
What is your profile?
We are looking for people who are self-motivated, have passion for what we do and are excited about helping deliver our mission. To succeed within Proforest you need the confidence and drive to achieve real change in a challenging environment.
You will have a relevant Masters’ level qualification and have knowledge and understanding of social and environmental issues in agricultural supply chains such as deforestation, regenerative agriculture, climate change, livelihoods, gender equality and respect for human rights.
You will have at least 3 years of relevant professional experience in a similar consultancy role working in, or closely with, large corporate buyers and international agricultural commodity supply chains.
You can demonstrate strong project management skills (including excellent time-management, problem-solving and organisational abilities) and proven ability to deliver to tight timelines.
You are an excellent communicator, able to operate in a multi-cultural environment, have strong analytical skills and are able to drive innovation and change.
You have excellent written and spoken English with the ability to draft proposals and reports. Knowledge of one or more of our other working languages - Spanish, French, Portuguese, Bahasa or Mandarin - is a plus.
Why should you work for us?
- We all share the same vision and mission to support the transition to agriculture commodity production and sourcing that delivers positive outcomes for people, nature and climate;
- We trust our people and offer flexibility, including hybrid working, while also maintaining a strong sense of team cohesion;
- We are a global organisation, with offices and staff in more than 17 countries, speaking more than 40 languages;
- We also enjoy spending time with each other outside of work and you will have the opportunity to join spontaneous picnics or regular get togethers and parties.
- Location: Oxford, UK or Leiden, The Netherlands
- Salary: £30-35,000 €35-40,000) depending on experience
- Starting date: As soon as possible
- Eligible to work in the EU or UK
- Able to work from the office at least a couple of days per week
Please send your CV and cover letter to firstname.lastname@example.org by 10th February 2023.