- Position: Administrative Assistant
- Salary: EUR 30,000-35,000
- Location: Leiden, Netherlands
Who we are
Proforest is a mission-driven organisation that works throughout agricultural supply chains supporting the production and sourcing of agricultural and forest commodities that deliver positive environmental and social outcomes for People, Nature, and Climate. These cover issues like protecting and restoring forests and natural ecosystems, respecting worker’s rights, advancing gender equality, and engaging with communities and indigenous people. Through our consultancy services, we help companies put their sustainability commitments into action both within and beyond supply chains. We also facilitate pre-competitive collaboration with peer companies and other stakeholders like governments, civil society and communities, and we support multi-stakeholder initiatives and landscape approaches that build common goals, address systemic issues and deliver positive outcomes at scale.
We are looking for an Administrative Assistant to support the growth of our office in the Netherlands, based in Leiden, to manage all administrative duties and provide a wide range of support to our busy team. Duties include supporting office administration, finance, human resources and IT. You will be part of the European finance operations team and partly also support the team based in our Oxford office in the UK.
- Office administration: Manage office contracts (e.g. lease, utilities, service providers, insurance policies), manage office supplies and equipment, support staff with travel arrangements and visa applications, support organisations of meetings and coordinate team building activities
- Finance: Work closely with the Proforest Europe finance team. Liaise with accountants, support bookkeeping and statutory reporting with the vision of decentralising the activities to the Dutch office in medium term.
- HR: Coordinate induction of new staff, manage staff benefit schemes and support payroll
- IT: Manage IT equipment and coordinate external IT support as necessary.
To succeed in this role, you must have excellent organisational skills, a can-do attitude and be able to work collaboratively with different functions within an international organisation. In addition, you should have proven work experience as an administrative support assistant, excellent communications skills in Dutch (C1 level at minimum), and preferably, an MBO level 4 diploma or bachelor's degree (preferably in administration or equivalent).
- Part-time of full-time (at least 3 days/week)
- Based in Leiden, The Netherlands
- Salary: EUR 30,000-35,000 depending on experience
Please send your CV and cover letter to email@example.com by 2nd April 2023.