Graduate Trainee Programme
- Position: Graduate Trainee Programme
- Type: Technical
- Salary: £23,000
- Location: Oxford, UK
- Contact: firstname.lastname@example.org
- Benefits: Proforest is an equal opportunity employer
Proforest is seeking motivated and qualified young professionals with some practical experience and a high potential to quickly develop the skills required for taking on a leading role in sustainable management and sourcing of natural resources. This is an exciting opportunity to join Proforest’s growing team and take on substantial responsibilities under the supervision of sector experts.
Develop excellence in Sustainable Sourcing
Are you ready to take on the world’s environmental and social sustainability issues? Are you prepared to work with international brands to help solve their responsible sourcing issues?
Proforest is a not-for-profit, mission-driven organisation that works with producers and major international brands and consumer goods clients such as Nestlé, Unilever, Wilmar, Cargill, etc., as well as governments, civil society organisations and NGOs, throughout agricultural and forest product supply chains. We are an established world leader in the development and implementation of sustainable production and responsible sourcing with a global presence.
Our Graduate Trainee Programme develops leaders to ensure our continued success as well as the success of our partners and clients. It will give you a thorough induction into various topics that are essential in the fields of Sustainable Sourcing and Responsible Production such as policy and strategy development, field audits and assessments, community and stakeholder engagement, and many more.
What makes our Graduate Trainee Programme so special is the fact you will be taking on substantial responsibilities under supervision of sector experts in an international setting, enabling you to tackle challenges at a global scale, rapidly build up an international network, and prepare you in the best possible way for cooperation with our overseas colleagues, partners and clients.
What can you expect
Over a period of 12 months, you will get the exposure you would expect from a global leader, experienced mentors and supportive colleagues. You will find yourself supporting senior consultants on a range of exciting projects and you will be able to acquire professional, methodological and technical skills, on the basis of which you will subsequently be able to assume a position of responsibility at Proforest. On successful completion of our Graduate Trainee Programme, you will be offered a permanent position as Project Manager.
Do you have what we need?
We expect all our Graduate Trainees to have
- An above average qualification (Masters or equivalent) in a relevant discipline (e.g. sustainable production and sourcing, natural resources management, social sciences)
- Approximately 1-2 years of professional work experience
- A proven interest in environmental and social sustainability issues affecting forest products and agricultural commodities sectors
- Awareness of the motivations and drivers relating to sustainable sourcing and responsible production in international agricultural and forest product supply chains
- Knowledge of social issues (labour/land rights, etc.) as well as data analytics and visualisation (Power BI, Tableau, advanced excel etc.) would be a strong advantage
- Highly developed organisational and interpersonal skills as well as the ability to operate in a multi-cultural environment
- Excellent verbal & written communication skills, including presentation skills.
- Some initial experience in working with various stakeholders including private sector, NGOs, government aid agencies, smallholders or local communities;
- Working knowledge of another language (especially French, Spanish, Portuguese or Bahasa) would be a strong advantage.
Please send your CV, a cover letter and confirmation that you are eligible to work in the UK to email@example.com