Group Training Manager
- Position: Group Training Manager
- Type: Full-time
- Salary: £40 - £55,000 depending on experience
- Location: UK or Netherlands
Proforest focuses on the production base and supply chains of agricultural and forestry commodities including soy, sugar, rubber, palm oil, cocoa, coconut, beef and timber. We have more than twenty years of practical experience in supporting companies, governments, communities and partners, to establish responsible production and sourcing practices in Asia, Africa, Latin America and the Caribbean, Europe and North America.
We support companies with direct action to tackle environmental and social risks throughout a supply chain. We also work with governments, companies, and collaborative organisations, in order to address systemic issues beyond the supply chain, within a landscape or a sector, to deliver positive outcomes at scale. We bring expertise in these environmental and social issues that drive our work, including protecting and restoring forests and natural ecosystems, conserving biodiversity, advancing gender equality and human rights.
Training at Proforest
Proforest is well known and well regarded in the sector for its range of training, with recognition of the technical experience and knowledge that our teams provide, as practitioners in responsible production and sourcing. Training is an important part of our work and as we grow, we want to ensure that the materials and resources we use are of the best quality and develop alongside the work that we do.
We have a long track-record of running in-person courses, including both classroom and field-based components. These include both public courses and bespoke training for companies, NGOs or governments. Our training is complemented by development of practical guidance, often combined with support for users. As we have moved increasingly online we have built considerable expertise in running webinars and online training workshops. In early 2021 we launched an online learning system, Proforest Academy. The next step is to develop an integrated strategy to expand the reach of our portfolio of practical courses, guidance and eLearning materials, aligned to our projects and programmes globally.
As the organisation expands, we also need to focus on staff training to ensure we offer professional development to our people and enable them to do their jobs effectively. We are currently rolling out a global competency programme to identify and deliver technical training globally.
We are looking for a training manager who can help to support the development and deployment of our training and capacity development. This will include working with regional directors and their teams to develop a clear training strategy, overseeing making our training materials more accessible, systematic and integrated, and overseeing the quality of the training we provide. Responsibilities include:
- Develop a global training strategy in close collaboration with the regional directors and the global training team
- Maintain an overview of all internal and external training across the organisation
- Manage our library of training content to enable re-use and re-purposing
- Oversee delivery of training courses, looking for global efficiencies and knowledge sharing
- Upskill trainers in pedagogical theory, in relation to both content production and delivery
- Provide quality control on training material, especially external training
- Support on client-specific training requests
- Support innovation and development of tools to deliver training (e.g. augmented reality)
- Own the global training budget, income and resources
- Work with the communications team to promote training to relevant audiences
Categories of training at Proforest:
- Public courses, including accredited: in person and online
- Programme courses and capacity building: in person (and online due to Covid-19)
- Client-specific for supply chain: in person and online (including Proforest Academy portal)
- Internal training for Proforest
Skills and Experience
This is an opportunity for a former practitioner or trainer who is looking for a more strategic role in a global organisation. We are looking for the following skills and experience:
- Knowledge of responsible sourcing and responsible production in agricultural commodities, or sustainability more broadly, including environmental and social issues
- Solid experience in designing and delivering training or teaching including use of different media
- Strong understanding of how training needs to be adapted to different audiences, including corporate, government, NGO and civil society participants
- Experience with in-person and online training and use of technology to augment or enhance in-person training
- Familiarity with Docebo LMS is beneficial
- Global experience, working with distributed teams across time zones, languages and cultural contexts
- Fluent in English. Knowledge of Spanish, Portuguese, Indonesian Bahasa, French or Chinese is a benefit
Full-time role, based in one of our Europe offices (Oxford or Leiden)
£40,000 - £55,000 depending on experience
To apply: Please send your CV, a cover letter and confirmation that you are eligible to work in the UK or the Netherlands to firstname.lastname@example.org
Deadline: Tuesday, January 4, 2022
Download the Job Description here.