- Position: Project Coordinator
- Location: Kuala Lumpur, Malaysia
Proforest is seeking a new team member to play a key role in our dynamic global team contributing to the delivery of positive change on the ground for workers in Malaysia. The person will manage project administration activities on behalf of Proforest for a USDoL (US Department of Labour) grant-funded project in Malaysia to combat forced and child labour in the apparel and palm oil industries (MY Voice), for which Proforest is a sub-recipient. We are looking for someone with excellent project administration skills, a good knowledge of accounting and financial management as well as experience in project monitoring and evaluation including timebound reporting requirements and compliance.
The position is based at Proforest’s office in Kuala Lumpur, Malaysia. All applicants are expected to have the right to work in Malaysia
Proforest is a dynamic non-profit organisation with global presence that has established itself as a leader in the development and implementation of sustainable production and sourcing of natural resources including a range of agricultural commodities.
We work at every stage of the supply chain, from production and processing, through to purchasing and investment. Our almost 20 years of experience covers major commodities such as oil palm, soy, sugarcane, timber, pulp & paper, rubber and beef at a range of scales that includes smallholders and local communities through to multinational businesses. We focus on the opportunities for conservation and social benefits within the production landscape, and never lose sight of the need for pragmatic and workable practices. More information on Proforest is available at www.proforest.net
This position is responsible for managing all project administration activities on behalf of Proforest for the USDoL grant-funded project MY Voice. The Project Coordinator will report to the Project Technical Manager. The role throughout the course of the project will include, but not be limited to:
- Manage and regularly update Proforest’s Grant and Programme Management Tools (as well as other relevant tools and templates) to support the planning, implementation, monitoring and evaluation of the MY Voice project.
- In close co-operation with the Finance Manager, manage Proforest’s MY Voice project budget as well as generate, review and monitor financial reports and spending
- Work closely with the Project Technical Manager and other Proforest project members to prepare and manage the delivery of quarterly project reports.
- Ensure quarterly progress and financial reports are delivered in a timely manner
- Coordinate with relevant Proforest team members and other project grant recipients to ensure that the necessary data and supporting documentation are available for timely project reporting
- Keep track of project progress against scheduled timelines and alert the Technical Project Manager of any potential or impending delays
- Assist in project-related correspondences with Proforest colleagues, project partners and stakeholders
- Draft partnership and service agreements, and support the Project Technical Manager to carry out contracting and procurement according to standard operating procedures
- Undertake general administrative and ad hoc support as they arise
- Contribute significantly to the broader functioning of the Proforest team, including participation in management processes.
Qualifications / Experience:
- Bachelor’s degree in a relevant discipline; knowledge of finance and accounting preferred
- At least three (3) years of working experience in project administration/management
- Excellent project management skills (including excellent time-management, problem-solving and organisational abilities); ability to multi-task and work independently; attention to detail
- Highly developed interpersonal and team working skills, as well as proven ability to operate in a multi-cultural environment
- Familiarity with MS Office applications, especially MS Excel
- Proficiency in both English and Bahasa Malaysia is a must
- Good verbal & written communication skills.
- Knowledge and/or experience of the production practices of at least one of the agro commodities is highly advantageous
Send your CV, a cover letter, and your salary history to firstname.lastname@example.org
Application Deadline: 23rd May 2022
Shortlisted candidates will be contacted by 6th June 2022
Proforest is an equal opportunity employer.
Download the job description here