Project Manager – Responsible Sourcing | Latin America Regional Office - Brasília
- Position: Project Manager – Responsible Sourcing | Latin America Regional Office - Brasília
- Type: Full time, Permanent
- Salary: Compatible with the level of experience
- Location: Brasilia, Brazil
- Contact: email@example.com
- Benefits: Proforest is an Equal Opportunity Employer
Proforest is seeking a highly-motivated professional with practical experience to quickly take on a leadership role in our responsible sourcing activities, especially on the beef, soy and sugar sectors. This is an exciting opportunity to join Proforest’s growing team and play a significant part in the delivery of Proforest’s programme and consultancy services in responsible sourcing and production, working with major international brands and consumer goods clients.
Proforest is a dynamic not-for-profit group with global presence that has established itself as a leader in the development and implementation of sustainable production and responsible sourcing. We have over 20 years’ experience working on sustainability in the forestry, oil palm, soy, sugarcane, rubber and beef sectors at a range of scales that includes smallholders, communities and forest-dependent people through to multinational businesses. We work at all levels throughout commodity supply chains – from international policy and legislation to practical operations on the ground – supporting the development and implementation of workable environmental and social standards and safeguards that help to produce and source natural resources sustainably. Our office in Brazil is comprised of about 10 people. Worldwide, we are about 100 people spread across offices in Colombia, Mexico, Ghana, Malaysia, Indonesia, Netherlands and the UK, as well as a few home-offices in other countries.
This position is an exciting opportunity to join Proforest's growing team and take on a role in the management and implementation of Proforest's projects and programs in Brazil and help respond to the growing demand for Proforest's services in the area of responsible production and sourcing of agricultural commodities in Latin America. This position is based in Brasilia and consists of developing projects and programmes with agricultural commodities, as well as managing, implementing and/or participating in a range of projects and programmes, especially related to capacity building, development of multi-stakeholder platforms, sustainable production and supply of agricultural commodities.
- Manage and deliver responsible sourcing activities and projects. This includes planning, budgeting, proposal writing and technical work, including fieldwork where relevant.
- Contribute to the on-going development of the Proforest consultancy service area, including business development and management of relationships with clients and other relevant organisations.
- Maintain a clear understanding of the current policy framework and strategic factors relating to the responsible sourcing and production of forest products and agricultural commodities.
- Contribute to the broader functioning of the Proforest team, including supporting other relevant projects, strategy and planning, mentoring and supporting junior staff, using internal systems effectively and supporting further development.
- Represent Proforest in relevant meetings and forums on natural resource management and responsible sourcing.
Qualifications, Experience, Skills
- Tertiary level (masters or equivalent) qualification in a relevant discipline (Agronomy, Forestry, Business Management, etc.) is essential.
- A minimum of 5 years relevant work experience in the field of sustainability, working with industry and/or civil society organisations, including some consultancy experience and exposure to natural resource management.
- A demonstrable and thorough understanding of sustainability issues affecting the agricultural commodity sectors.
- Excellent project management skills (including excellent time-management, problem-solving and organisational abilities).
- Highly developed interpersonal and team working skills, including proven leadership abilities, as well as track record of operating successfully in a multi-cultural environment.
- Excellent written and communication skills in Portuguese and English are essential, including presentation skills.
- Ability to work in Spanish is not essential but will be considered an advantage.
- Practical experience of working with cattle, soy, oil palm, sugarcane or other agricultural commodities will be considered an advantage.
Terms and conditions
- Location: The position will be preferably based in Brasilia, Brazil
- Type: This a full time, permanent position under CLT hiring regime, with salary compatible with the level of experience and responsibility. Candidates must have the right to work in Brazil.
How to apply
Send your CV and a cover letter both in English and Portuguese to firstname.lastname@example.org, with “PIBR Project Manager” in the subject line. Also include your expected monthly salary (gross, in BRL, under CLT hiring regime) and confirm your right to work in Brazil.
Application Deadline: 30/09/2021
Proforest is an Equal Opportunity Employer and employment selection decisions are based on merit, qualifications, and abilities. Proforest does not discriminate in employment opportunities or practices based on: age, race, religion, colour, sex, national origin, marital status, sexual orientation, gender identity, veteran status, disability, pregnancy status or any other status protected by law.