This document represents one of the outputs produced under the Africa Legality Programme. It communicates the key challenges faced with implementing the HCV and HCS approaches on-the-ground to international stakeholders and promote collaboration between existing voluntary and legal initiatives to address these challenges.
This document forms part of a series of guidance documents developed under the Africa Legality Programme that explain how legislation in selected countries in West Africa can be used by producer companies to support compliance with specific sustainability standards and buyers’ sustainability commitments. Proforest's Africa Legality Programme was supported by the UK Department for International Development's Forest Governance, Markets and Climate Programme.
Download: Legality guidance for International Actors [ENG] | [FRE]
Download: Africa Legality Programme technical report [ENG] | [FRE]
Download the other documents from the Africa Legality Programme series below.
- Côte d'Ivoire legality guidance: HCV and HCS [ENG] | [FRE]
- Ghana legality guidance: HCV and HCS [ENG]
- Ghana legality guidance: RSPO, RSPO Next [ENG]
- Ghana Customary Law Review & Institutional Mapping Report [ENG]
- Ghana legality guidance: FSC [ENG]
- Liberia legality guidance: HCV and HCS [ENG]
- Liberia legality guidance: RSPO, RSPO Next [ENG]